VitaFeed Patty is a protein-rich feed that boosts honey bee health, increases brood area and increases honey production. VitaFeed Patty is a rigorously tested, GMO-free nutritional supplement that can be used during autumn and spring to increase colony strength and promote controlled colony growth. VitaFeed Patty is scientifically formulated and rich in vitamins, nucleotides and amino acids, specifically developed to boost your bees.
- Stimulatory pollen-rich feed for honey bees
- Promotes controlled population growth, corrects nutritional deficiencies and extends bee lifespan
- Boosts brood rearing, leading to stronger colonies and increased honey production
- Most effective when used in autumn to produce stronger winter bees
WHAT IS VITAFEED PATTY
VitaFeed Patty is:
- a nutritional supplement very similar in composition to natural pollen
- packed with easily digested proteins to correct nutritional deficiencies
- highly palatable with optimum particle size for easy consumption
- for use at times of low-quality pollen to stimulate increased honey production
- a pollen supplement that increases bee lifespan, containing prebiotics to boost honey bee immune systems and enhance colony health
HOW VITAFEED PATTY HELPS
Honey bees need protein, but not all pollen has the same protein content. VitaFeed Patty ensures that bees have sufficient protein to enable healthier colony development and thereby increased honey production. The high palatability and simplicity of applying the feed in a ready-to-use patty makes it an ideal product for any beekeeper wanting to keep healthier and more productive bees.
Rigorous trials in different countries have shown the remarkable effects of using the VitaFeed Patty supplement. Studies show that bees increase their pollen consumption by 50% when the percentage of protein in the pollen drops from 30% to 20%. When protein content drops, bees turn to their own body reserves. This in turn reduces their lifespan, their brood-rearing capability and therefore the development of the colony. VitaFeed Patty compensates for protein deficiencies. Studies have shown that use of VitaFeed Patty in spring or autumn results in an average of two additional frames of brood per colony, compared with control colonies fed only with sugar.
WHEN TO USE VITAFEED PATTY POLLEN SUPPLEMENT
VitaFeed Patty is most effective in preparation for winter but can also be used as a spring supplement, during colony transportation or during times of reduced forage availability (for example resulting from confinement due to sustained Asian hornet predation):
- AS A WINTERING SUPPLEMENT
For faster colony build up, use VitaFeed Patty to support colony development when there is a lack of pollen
- AS A SPRING BOOST
For increased honey production, use VitaFeed Patty in combination with "VitaFeed Power" to stimulate increased egg laying and boost colony growth
- DURING TRANSPORTATION
For increased honey production, use VitaFeed Patty to stimulate increased egg laying and boost colony growth
HOW TO USE VITAFEED PATTY
VitaFeed Patty is available in a 3 kg pack, containing 10 ready-to-use 300 g patties that can be placed directly on top of the brood frames as required. There is no need to remove the paper covering each patty, leaving it in place encourages consumption.
Save money by buying a foil pack of 10 (online orders only).