Oxuvar 275g tub. Enough for 6-15 colonies, depending on the size of the cluster.
How to use Oxuvar trickle application:
What is it: Liquid oxalic acid to be diluted with sugar and trickled onto the colony.
When to use it: Late Autumn/Winter (November to January) to brood-less colonies.
How to use it:
- Dilute 1 part Oxuvar to 1 part sugar. There is space within the supplied packaging to allow this. Mixing Oxuvar with sugar may need to be done in a water bath to help the sugar dissolve.
- Decant solution into a syringe.
- Trickle over the bees sitting between the combs.
- Consult the product label for the volume to be trickled for UK (Northern Europe) depending on hive type.
- Best results are achieved when the bees remain within the hive after treatment.
Why use Oxuvar trickle applications:
- Late season treatment to improve condition of colony going into winter.
- Sugar solution will remain active for longer than spray or vaporising treatments due to hydroscopic sugar attracting water and maintaining solution.